The sea is the protagonist of relaxing holidays for families and children at Villaggio Orizzonte. Surrounded by the fascinating landscape of the Val di Cornia, in the heart of the Etruscan Coast and the center of the Gulf of Follonica, the Village, fully fenced, covers an area of eighteen hectares, where comfortable masonry cottages in Tuscan style, suitable for stays in every season of the year, are surrounded by the countryside.
The 32sqm apartments, with private entrance, veranda and ample green space, are ideal for children to play, sleep up to five people. For large families, some apartments may put on connect. They are furnished with telephone, satellite TV, heating and safe. To guarantee the safe od children, so they can live the village in safety, cars must be left in the internal parking, while the walkways between the apartments can only be reached on foot or by bike. WiFi in public areas, verandas and apartments. The village, with no architectural barriers, is particularly convenient for babies in strollers.
In Maremma, land and sea meet themselves, giving rise to a particular culinary tradition, which can be enjoyed, along with Italian and Mediterranean cuisine, in the Village restaurant or at poolside Bar Restaurant Deja Vu. They are the scene for the excellent wines and Tuscan meat, rustic hand-made pasta, fresh fish and fish soup, all with extra virgin olive oil from the hills that surround the sea. Other gastronomic delights are available in other facilities in the village: the Pizzeria, the Bar of the swimming pools, the Orizzonte Cafe and Zest.
A wide sandy beach, bordered by a thick pine forest and awarded with the blue flag for the quality of waters and services, is a few hundred meters (Perelli 2) from the main entrance of the village. The shoreline slopes gently into the water, so the little ones can enjoy the sea in autonomy and safety. The beach “Orizzonte” is a beach surrounded by the Sterpaia Park with views of the islands of Elba and Montecristo. Among the services, umbrellas, canoes, pedal boats, showers and cabins, a bar with a food court, in addition to entertainment, music and games on the beach with the Villaggio Orizzonte animators staff. To reach the beach areas there is the resort shuttle. Those who want to discover other beaches can choose from many in the area, from Calamoresca in Piombino to sandy coast of San Vincenzo.
Those who prefer to remain in the Village, here there are six swimming pools, of which two semi-Olympic, two with slides and two dedicated to children, who are also involved in various initiatives of the kids club (4-12 years) having fun in the multipurpose fields and in the play area.
For parents, the services of animation and entertainment with dancing, evening tournaments and shows, grass soccer fields in synthetic grass or sand, a tennis court, basketball courts and beach volleyball / beach tennis, plus the ability to rental the bikes. Are also available beauty treatments as massage, manicure and pedicure.
Nearby there are several sports activities suitable both for children and for adults: sailing schools, surfing and wind-surfing, diving, horse riding.
For a carefree holiday, the Village offers services ranging from the safety of a medical surgery, the Concierge 24H to store values. The Information Office / hiking is a reference point to discover an area rich in ancient villages, art cities (Pisa is an hour, Florence little more). The closer Suvereto with the Doll Museum, Piombino surrounded by walls designed by Leonardo or the rows of cypresses of Bolgheri.
The parks of Val di Cornia tell a story that starts Etruscan times and testifies to centuries of metal working activities, with the Archaeological Parks of Baratti to Populonia Archeo-mineral San Silvestro (the galleries are visited with a train) and four Natural parks (including the Uccellina, with “Butteri”, the cowboys of Maremma).
- - Fully fenced village
- - Concierge service 24H
- - Parking lots
- - Prohibition of car access in the walkways between the apartments
- - Lodging options for large families
- - No barriers
- - Information office / excursions
- - WiFi in public areas
- - Free deposit values at the offices
- - Catering: Restaurant, Bar Restaurant, Pizzeria, Bar at the pools, Cafes
- - Food and mini bazaar
- - Theater and entertainment program (from June to September)
- - Show area
- - Medical surgery (July and August)
- - Parapharmacy
- - Possibility of beauty treatments (from June to September)
- - Set of bed linen and towels included
- - Washing machines with coins
- - 6 pools: 2 semi-Olympic, 2 with slides, 2 for the little ones
- - Bicycle rental (from Easter to September)
- - Tennis courts (lighted)
- - Soccer fields with synthetic grass and sand
- - Basketball court with synthetic grass
- - Golf beach volleyball / beach tennis
- - The resort accepts dogs
- - Free beach and equipped sandy beach not far from the main entrance
- - Rental umbrellas, sun beds, canoes and paddle boats (May to September)
- - Entertainment, music and games on the beach
- - Showers and changing rooms
- - Bar - Refreshment Point
- - Bus shuttle to the beach (from June until September)
- - 2 pools for children (10 x 10 m).
- - Children's club (ages 4 to 12 years).
- - Multipurpose fields
- - Playground
- - Hut
- - Bike rent
- - No barriers
- - Possibility of sporting activities nearby (horseback riding, sailing, surfing etc)