The Hotel & Residence Gutenberg, located in the sunny country of Scena not far from the famous Spa town of Merano in South Tyrol mountains, is a paradise for hikers and families. Distinguishes for a family atmosphere that is reflected in every environment and a great deal of attention to the families. The hotel is the ideal starting point for a number of excursions around Scena: between Hirzer area and Merano there is an area extending over 200 km of hiking trails with varying degrees of difficulty, including some mentioned for families.
The hotel rooms are furnished with local wood, birch, which gives a traditional feel and a feeling of warmth and well-being. Rooms and suites are spacious and some have a zone that allows you to create a separate room for the children. Each room has a balcony, satellite TV, safe, telephone, radio alarm clock, bidets, and hair dryers.
The residence, which is only 150 m from the main building, offers the freedom of staying in an apartment (in sizes up to 85 square meters) and all the benefits of a superior hotel of which enjoys the infrastructure.
You can relax and forget the hustle and bustle of everyday life in the oasis of well-being with panoramic indoor pool, or relax in the sauna.
The pleasures of the holiday with children at the Familienhotel Gutenberg is complete with gourmet delights. Each day starts with a hearty buffet breakfast which can be enjoyed while admiring the surrounding mountain world atmosphere in the cozy dining room with panoramic views. The 4-course evening menu with salad buffet or a 5-course serves Mediterranean cuisine or international dishes, prepared with fresh local products, and accompanied by an excellent selection of South Tyrolean wines and other Italian regions. Sunday is dedicated to the gala dinner on Thursday at the buffet of pasta and Tuesdays summer evenings with grill that will delight your palate before finishing with the right dessert.
While parents enjoy a little ‘well-deserved relaxation at Gutenberg, the smaller will be assisted by the staff of the “Club of the Bears” that will entertain them in large areas dedicated to them, both inside and outside of the structure. A particularly enjoyed is that of the family hikes, once a week, to discover the world and of Alpine nature, with the Familienhotel children program Detective of the Nature.
- Wellness oasis with panoramic indoor pool with sun loungers and whirlpool jets
- Relaxation area in the winter garden with panoramic views to relax and dream
- Finnish sauna, turkish bath, heated bench, vitamin bar and relaxation area
- Infrared cabin
- Free hire of bathrobes
- Guided tours with free rental of backpacks, trekking poles and maps
- Assistance from Monday to Saturday (9:30 to 21:30) and Sunday (18:00 to 21:30) for children from 3 years
- Swimming pool for small energy and the oasis of well-being
- Bears Club has new playground with tower Bear
- 3 games rooms with climbing wall
- Tea bar, a bar with its delicious juices
- Design and crafts, games and books
- Family ride, trips to nearby farms with a visit to the deer reserve and the zoo where you can pet the animals such as owls, hawks, deer and ponies
- Roasted chestnuts in October
- Equipment for children
- Children's toilet with baby changing
- Baby sitter (fee required)
- Available free: high chairs, baby phone, baby, basket for diapers, cots, strollers and backpack baby carrier.