The stylish and cosy family hotel in Alpine design is located at 1,500 m altitude in the ski and hiking paradise Nassfeld.
A lot of stone, wood and loden give an Alpine charm to the modern designed hotel. Alpine pastures and nature are also reflected in the Falky Almland with loving child care. Further highlight: 15 metre long water slide. After an eventful day, you’ll find peace and relaxation in the 145 cosy rooms and 2 suites at the Hotel Sonnenalpe.
Wake up in the morning to a gorgeous panoramic view of the beautiful mountains of Carinthia and Italy. You’ll be surprised by just how original Alpine-Adriatic cuisine can be. A light Mediterranean style and Alpine traditions are combined with a pinch of creativity and sophistication to create a diverse, exciting mix of a fiery southern temperament and unpretentious local cuisine.
Acquapura SPA is a wellness oasis for you and your loved ones – to guarantee a gentle, relaxing end to each day of your holiday in the brisk Carinthian air. The SPA offers a number of carefully selected Carinthian wellness treatments and special herbal extractions in the sauna. For young guests, a fairy workshop including a chocolate massage.
In the summer, trade in your skis for a mountain bike and instead of a toboggan ride, get out your trekking boots – you’ve got one of the most beautiful hiking and Alpine sport areas at your disposal here. And the new 18-hole Gailtal golf course is just 3 km away.
In Winter Nassfeld is the largest ski area in Carinthia, and the Hotel Sonnenalpe is located directly on the slopes, at an elevation of 1,500 m. So it’s the perfect place to rack up a few kilometres on the slopes and enjoy the snow-covered landscape! In the summer, Nassfeld is a gorgeous natural area with a variety of hiking trails and climbing tours.
- “Bobo” Children’s ski school right at the hotel's doorstep
- At Falky-Alm any kids who feel like taking a day off from skiing can of course play, paint, do crafts, eat lunch or simply enjoy the day and listen to a story being read aloud
- Those who are a bit too old for Falky-Land but are still looking for something fun to do can find games and entertainment on the lower floor of Falky-Alm, where table tennis, darts and videogames;
- Children's paradise Falky Almland with emphasis on nature and professional and loving childcare programme is dedicated to the topic of the Alpine meadow and offers many activities: Visit to a show cheese dairy, splashing around on the Aquatrail, collecting rocks and painting them lots of different colours, fun and games, observing marmots and cows on “Alpine meadow adventure day”
- Skiing at the Ski School across from the hotel – registration at the hotel every Saturday during school holidays
- Barbecuing sausages over a fire lit by us during a “fire alarm”, and much more
- Three House Suites and Family Rooms with cheerful animal door signs (new architectural standards)
- Baby equipment available for you to borrow: baby monitor, buggies, baby bathtub, changing mat; children’s menu; playground
- Falky-KinderSPA with Children’s pool and a 9.5 m long giant water slide.